WAYS TO COMBAT POLLUTION & PANDEMIC COVID-19
Hello Readers!! We are taking a little detour from the wedding series because we prioritize health over looks. With the onset of winter the major challenge that looms on the horizon is that of pollution. After a couple of months of blue skies and clean air, smogy and hazy skies are back to haunt. Experts have cautioned people to brace for winters indicating higher pollution levels may worsen the impact of coronavirus.
People, especially those vulnerable to Covid-19 infection, have to be more careful in winters because chronic exposure to air pollutants is associated with severe infections and higher mortality as particulate matter (PM) could create a conducive environment for transportation of the virus over greater distances than currently considered as safe.
According to the studies, the winter season may pose the biggest public health challenge faced in many years due to the combined impact of the pandemic and increase in pollution levels. Therefore, we bring to you WAYS TO COMBAT POLLUTION & PANDEMIC
- FACEMASK is a must when going out as also hand hygiene must be adhered to strictly.
- People suffering from chronic diseases like asthma, diabetes and hypertension must take their medication on regular basis to keep the disease under control.
- Elderly should stay home, unless very necessary to move out.
- All elderly and those with chronic illness should get their pneumococcal and flu shots
- Work from home should be promoted.
- This festive season avoid social gatherings and burning of crackers.
- Healthy diet and hydration is the key to boost immunity this winter.
Gargling and steam inhalation surely are two examples of keeping pollutants and the Virus at bay.
Air pollution increase can damage lungs, reduce immune response and turn a mild Covid-19 infection into a serious one. Remember, high air pollution leads to increased episodes of coughing or sneezing that can spread Covid-19 faster.
We all must do our bit to help reduce pollution and spread of Corona. Be healthy and safe and keep reading!!